Social Media Policy Service UK and Ireland
Social media can be a double edged sword. On one hand social media networks such as Twitter and Facebook present great opportunities for organisations to increase engagement online and to gain valuable feedback from fans and customers. However social media also allow the public to post negative feedback and comments on brand social media sites. Employees also have an increased role in representing their organisations through social media channels which can present risks and challenges.
Social media policies are now used by many organisations and businesses to ensure they manage these risks effectively. A robust social media policy for an organisation typically includes:
- A set of social media posting guidelines for employees to follow
- Risk assessment on social media risks relevant to sector and unique business
We have worked with numerous public sector organisations and businesses to provide social media risk assessment and policies. Through our social media policy service we can help your organisation to:
- Understand the opportunities and risks around social media and how your organisation can be affected.
- Develop a social media risk assessment for your organisation
- Produce guidelines and policies for employees and public use of your social media sites
- Instructions and advice on how to deal effectively with negative posts